The second of what we hope will be a regular event, is the second fishing field trip of the season. The tentative plan is to meet on the Lower Asheulot and then fish and fish and fish. As plans firm up, you'll find the information here!
The first of what we hope will be a regular event, is the first fishing field trip of the season. The tentative plan is to meet on the Lower Asheulot and then fish and fish and fish. As plans firm up, you'll find the information here!
The May meeting will be on Thursday, May 16, at the Keene Public Library, PLEASE note this change! The meeting will start at 6:30 pm and the tentative schedule has a representatve from Casting For Recovery.
WHAT WE DO at Casting for Recovery
- Offer a 2½ day retreat for 14 women per retreat, at no cost to participants.
- Provide fly-fishing instruction and breast cancer information in a setting that helps lessen isolation, providing a recreational activity with both physical and emotional benefits
- Help participants go forward optimistically with new knowledge and new friends
- Provide an experience that promotes coping and problem-solving skills
- Provide methods to gain self-esteem, network, make new friends, and learn new skills as a commitment to the future.
- Provide a forum to broaden understanding about breast cancer treatment and enable sharing among participants
Come out and hear about an amazing organization.
Jim Holley, one of our members, has organized a cleanup for a stretch of the lower Ashuelot River. The cleanup will start at 9 am and go until noon. If you can bring a pickup that would help in getting the trash to the dump. The debris will go to the Winchester Dump, but we will not be charged for disposal. The directions to the site - from Winchester travel 3 miles on Route 119 towards Hinsdale. At the Pisgah trail head is parking and Jim will have a sign indicating the location Look for Jim's green Honda Element and the sign. You could get there early and fish and stay late and fish! If you are planning to come, please email Mike Elkavitch, email@example.com, so that we have an idea of how many people will be coming.
Thanks! Hope to see you there!
The April meeting will be Thursday, April 18, at the Dublin Public Library. The meeting will start at 6:30 pm and is free and open to the public. The meeting will feature a presentation from Bruce Kozlik who runs Outcast Custom Rods, in Newport, NH. He will talk about the rods he builds, both spinning and fly. His work is outstanding and you can view it at www.outcastcustomrods.com. See you in April!